[gmx-users] Pulling COM option

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 13 20:15:18 CEST 2017

On 6/13/17 1:58 PM, Angela Marcela Murcia Rios wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>

> I don't want two opposing forces acting on gamma and I don't want to apply it to all of gamma only a specific region, which is what enforced rotation will do. I only want to apply one directional force onto one side of gamma and see how the whole system behaves. But the problem I'm facing is how do I specify this in my mdp file.

Caveat: I have never used the enforced rotation feature.

But in reading the manual, the fixed axis option says it is applying a torque to
the specified atoms relative to an axis.  Isn't this exactly what you want?
It's not like attaching a spring between groups A and B, you're rotating group A
relative to an axis that you specify.

-Justin