[gmx-users] bad contacts on lipid tails

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 14 23:21:01 CEST 2017

On 6/14/17 5:18 PM, Mohsen Ramezanpour wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> Here are the outputs for EM step:
>
> Steepest Descents converged to Fmax < 100 in 5198 steps
> Potential Energy  = -2.6418572e+05
> Maximum force     =  9.5666359e+01 on atom 54770
> Norm of force     =  5.7127428e+00
>
> It seems okay to me.
>
> I chose the setting you mentioned.
>
> Interestingly, it also works for MD with dt=1 fs. Not for dt=2 fs, though.
> Based on visualization, some lipid chains are crossed which I think this
> cause the problem. Not sure how can I fix them.

Surprising.  With such a low force, I wouldn't expect there to be any overlap or
detrimental close contact.  An initial equilibration with dt = 1 fs is a
possibility, or a more robust method for constructing the system, whatever that
may be.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629