[gmx-users] precision of input gro file

Yu Ogawa ayogwa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:10:31 CEST 2017

Hi Eric,
Thanks for replying.

I may be wrong, but what I understand from the online manual is that we
have a higher precision in MD calculation (as in trr file). I am not sure
if grompp recognizes a higher precision than 3 decimal places.

When I did editconf with a gro file with higher precision as an input, I
got an output gro file with coordinates rounded to 3 decimal places. So I
am a bit doubtful if it's the case with the grompp program.