[gmx-users] Umbrella sampling

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 16 13:17:02 CEST 2017

On 6/14/17 10:52 PM, Kingsley Theras Primus Dass . wrote:
> Hii
>   I am trying out the umbrella sampling tutorial. I finished generating a
> series of coordinate file , but when i run the perl script the
> summary_distance.dat doesnt generate the COM distance value ....
> What would be the possible reason for this ?

People keep reporting this and I never find out why, but the advice is the same
- abandon the script and try one of the calls to gmx distance yourself.  It will
print an error that you can diagnose.  Probably your index file isn't set up
correctly.  If you do work it out, please report back so I know if there's
actually something wrong (the script itself is quite trivial so I know that's
not the problem, but maybe something about the call to gmx distance is).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore