[gmx-users] System reaches ~124K after simulated annealing upto 300K

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 16 19:21:29 CEST 2017

On 6/16/17 10:38 AM, Apramita Chand wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have used the following nvt.mdp file to gradually warm my system upto
> 300K but just reach upto 124K. I have used variety of options in the
> simulated annealing like taking less no. of time intervals but in vain
> Then, I have to perform manually the gradual heating process which takes me
> to 300K
> Why doesn't this work?

Anything that goes that haywire is simply unstable.  De-complicate your life and
try to do a normal (non-annealing) MD and see if it works.  If not, then
diagnose further.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up#Diagnosing_an_Unstable_System

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences