[gmx-users] amino acid topology

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 16 19:22:27 CEST 2017

On 6/16/17 1:12 PM, suniba shuaib wrote:
> Hello users and experts
> I want to know if I can use gmx x2top for generating topology of a modified
> amino acid linked with a natural peptide sequence?
> or in general topology of a small molecule?

x2top is the wrong tool for this job.  Write an .rtp entry once you have
parameters from the modified residue.  x2top is good for very generic or
repeating molecules; if you try to write the .n2t entries for something with
lots of unique connectivity like an amino acid, you'll be doing a whole lot more
work that's not necessary.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629