[gmx-users] error in phosphoserine simulation during MD

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jun 17 22:21:00 CEST 2017

On 6/17/17 4:05 PM, marzieh dehghan wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dear all
>
> I want to simulate a protein containing phosphoserine using MD, so I place
> the force field into the working directory and modified all parameters of
> force field for example SEP (phosphoserine) was added as Protein in the
> residuestypes.dat , but I confronted the following error?
>
> Atom N is used in an interaction of type improper in the topology database,
> but an atom of that name was not found in residue number 3.

Can you please provide your exact pdb2gmx command and the full screen output?
There's a lot of potentially diagnostic information there.  You also may simply
be missing atoms - not all experimental structures are complete and are clearly
indicated by MISSING lines in the PDB file.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore