[gmx-users] Adding multiple different ligands with acpype

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 20 13:57:56 CEST 2017

On 6/20/17 5:54 AM, Vytautas Rakeviius wrote:
> Hello,
> I try to add multiple and different ligands with acpype and bump into issue "Invalid order for directive atomtypes" discussed before
> (https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.org_gmx-users/2008-July/035223.html)I can comment out other ligands leaving one and then it seems OK.
> I do as said in that discussion:I add:
> #include "ligand1.acpype/ligand1_GMX.itp"
> #include "ligand2.acpype/ligand2_GMX.itp"into topol.top right after:; Include forcefield parameters
> #include "amber99sb-ildn.ff/forcefield.itp"
> And in bottom ([ molecules ]) I add:ligand1    1
> ligand2    1
> Exact error:Fatal error:
> Syntax error - File isofluraneS_GMX.itp, line 3
> Last line read:
> '[ atomtypes ]'
> Invalid order for directive atomtypes
> How I can fix this?

Apparently each of your ligand .itp files declares its own [atomtypes], meaning
you're trying to declare new [atomtypes] after having declared a previous
[moleculetype].  This is not allowed - the force field parameters have to all be
in place before any molecules can be defined.  Group your [atomtypes] into a
single .itp file, remove them from the individual ligand .itp files, and then

#include "amber99sb-ildn.ff/forcefield.itp"
#include "myatomtypes.itp"
#include "ligand1.itp"
#include "ligand2.itp"

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences