[gmx-users] Error running GMX 5.14

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 15:09:46 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:41 PM Sergio Manzetti <
sergio.manzetti at fjordforsk.no> wrote:

> I can add ions to the final system, after having simulated it without
> ions. But what would the point be?
> This is the strange thing, genion treats only tpr files, and not gro files
> with solvated states

The simplest explanation for your observations is that you are running
genion to get the new coordinate file, and then using it with a topology
that does not match (obviously the same .top file that generated the .tpr
you gave to grompp before genion will not match the gro generated by
genion, because it now needs to describe those ions, and fewer solvent
molecules), *and* ignoring when grompp complained that the atom names don't
match. But we have to guess because you haven't shared how you are running
all the tools in your workflow. Your .mdp files are not at all relevant.

Mark