[gmx-users] Simulation of Carbon nanotube

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 22 14:10:42 CEST 2017

On 6/22/17 6:59 AM, Nikhil Maroli wrote:
> Dear Justin,
> I have generated topology for CNT using gmx x2top. There is cyclic peptide
> nanotube wrapped over the CNT (eight CP rings in equal intervals) otherwise
> let's say, CNT is inserted into the Cyclic peptide nanotube. I wanted to
> put the whole system into the lipid bilayer. I was using charmm-gui for the
> input generator since it provides easy hand on CPN, So is it possible to
> convert the CNT topology which generated with gmx x2top to 'Topology and
> Parameters' for charmm-gui (*.rtf and *.prm)?

Possibly, but I've never tried it.  Assuming it's an "infinite" molecule, the
periodic bonding could be tricky.  You may just want to build the membrane and
then write a little script to carve out a cylinder of suitable size later, and
overlay your existing coordinates.  Probably a lot less effort, in the end.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore