[gmx-users] Computing work from pulling simulations

Lutz Maibaum lutz.maibaum at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 22:43:23 CEST 2017

On Jun 21, 2017, at 2:32 AM, Leandro Bortot <leandro.obt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you compared the results of your calculation using the forces at
> different intervals? e.g. every 1, 10, 50, 100 steps ?
>
> As long as you use a not-so-large interval the result should be the same
> within statistical error.

Yes, that is of course a possibility. I get about 2% relative error between writing out the forces at every timestep vs. writing them our only every 1000 timesteps. That’s not the end of the world, but I was hoping to avoid it if Gromacs would keep track of the cumulative work performed by the umbrella potential.

Thanks for your reply!

Best,

Lutz