[gmx-users] MD simulation at different pH

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 08:47:14 CEST 2017

Hi!

You technically can't perform constant-pH simulations with a regular,
straight out of the box GROMACS distribution. You can change the residue
protonation states to mimic the "pH" you're interested in simulating, but
keep in mind that these will be fixed during the entire simulation, i.e.
there are no (de)protonation events.

For actual constant-pH methods start by reading:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Constant_pH_Simulation

There are other MD simulation packages natively distributed with the
ability to perform constant-pH simulations (e.g. AMBER).

Best regards,
João