[gmx-users] Using SLLOD to find Viscosity

nishi kashyap nishikashyap18 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 18:56:51 CEST 2017

I have read both things thoroughly. I am new to this and so having a hard
time gathering basic concepts.
So, correct me if I am wrong:

To calculate shear viscosity in a PEG system:
1. Created a stable system and given cos_acceleration =0.05
2. Since I would know A(amplitude of acceleration),rho and k(wave index
number), I can find out the viscosity

Still, how do I find shear rate from that? Ideally, I should be changing
shear rate and finding viscosity. How can I do that ?

I might be asking very basic things but please help me here.

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 3:25 AM, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>
wrote:

> On 02/06/17 22:12, nishi kashyap wrote:
>
>> Thanks for replying.
>> I have also tried that before. If we give the whole system the same
>> acceleration, then it wouldn't experience any shear. That was what I was
>> observing also.
>> Is there no way/ inbuilt method which use SLLOD , like in LAMMPS ?
>>

> Please read my email again carefully, and those references, in particular
> the Hess paper.
>

>> On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 4:09 PM, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 02/06/17 22:02, nishi kashyap wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi

>>> See J. Chem. Phys. 119 pp. 7308-7317 (2003) and J. Chem. Phys. 116, 209
>>> 2002
>>>
>>> --
>>> David van der Spoel, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
>>> Head of Department, Cell & Molecular Biology, Uppsala University.
>>> Box 596, SE-75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
>>> http://www.icm.uu.se
>>> --
>>>
>>> * Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support
>>> /Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!

>>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

> Head of Department, Cell & Molecular Biology, Uppsala University.
> Box 596, SE-75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
> http://www.icm.uu.se

> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

Nishi Kashyap
Undergraduate