[gmx-users] gmx hbond -tu error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 2 02:56:24 CEST 2017

On 5/1/17 10:15 AM, Marcelo Depólo wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I am running ACF calculations in gmx hbond tool in 5.0.7 version.
>
> When running:
>
> gmx hbond -s mol.tpr -f mol.xtc -tu ns -b 0 -e 10 -ac acf_0-10ns.xvg
>
> and
>
> gmx hbond -s mol.tpr -f mol.xtc -b 0 -e 10000 -ac acf_0-10ns.xvg
>

> The results given for the ACF are completely different (example: CHI^2 =
> 0.000347 and CHI^2 = 22.9131, respectively). It seems -tu flag is not
> working properly here.
>
> Still, all graphs generated make sense (going until 5ns, the half of
> trajectory time analyzed).
>
> Does anyone already encountered this error?

The -tu option only alters output time values, not the arguments on the command
line, IIRC.  The help info does specify that -b and -e take time in ps.  This is
somewhat non-intuitive, but the behavior is consistent with the documentation.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore