[gmx-users] Installatoin error

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:45:25 CEST 2017

Hi,

I already suggested that you stop using your root account for everyday
tasks. You need it for "make install" only.

Probably your problem is that you are using an old build tree that was
using some other compiler. Make a new build tree if you're changing your
tool chain. Or better still, start by unpacking the tarball as a normal
user, use scl as above, and then follow the GROMACS installation
instructions. No root until "make install"!

If that doesn't work, then I can probably only suggest that you've broken
your Linux installation in some way and should (unfortunately) install a
new one. :-(

Mark