[gmx-users] choosing confs for Umbrella sampling

abhisek Mondal abhisek.mndl at gmail.com
Fri May 5 08:48:29 CEST 2017

How brief should the equilibration step be after generating configurations ?
I faced a problem in the equilibration of configurations.
The configuration generated after pulling does not look alike after
performing 10ns of equilibration (using npt_umbrella.mdp). The COM distance
b/w protein-ligand seem to increased drastically.
Does it due to longer time of equilibration given ? Happened for almost all
the configurations.
However I used following (pull_rate1=0.0):
; Pull code
pull                    = umbrella
pull_ngroups            = 1
pull_group0       = Protein_chain_A
pull_group1       = ACO
pull_geometry     = direction ; simple distance increase
pull_dim         = N N Y         ; pulling in Z dimension
pull_rate1              = 0.0
pull_k1                 = 1000           ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2
pull_start              = yes           ; define initial COM distance > 0
pull_vec1        = 0 0 -1

Please help me out here. I'm using gromacs-4.6.