[gmx-users] CELLmicrocosmos MembraneEditor: Quad-2 Release
bjoern at CELLmicrocosmos.org
Sun May 7 21:53:16 CEST 2017
We are happy to announce the Quad-2 Release of the CELLmicrocosmos
The most important change is the substitution of the old Oracle Java 3D
libraries by JogAmp's Java 3D 1.6.0 implementation. Now the 3D
visualization is faster, more reliable, and we can support now Mac OS X!
Many thanks go to the whole JogAmp team for their support!
Second, the Web Start was re-initiated and optimized for Java 8, running
on all major platforms including Mac OS X!
Then, Stereo 3D visualization is fully supported now. There is an extra
version for professional graphics and 3D devices, but also the standard
version is coming with side-by-side or top-bottom rendering for, e.g.,
3D-TVs (sorry, does not work on Mac).
Moreover, we fixed the PDBTM update – as there was a new website release
of PDBTM, the update functionality for the membrane placement matrices
was broken. Now, you have again full support for automatic protein
More details below! To start over, just go to:
Vive la France! ;-)
The Quad-2 Release:
JogAmp's Java3D Update, Stereoscopic 3D Update, PDBTM Bugfix, Java Web
version 2.2.2_2 (07.05.2017)
- JogAmps JOGL-based Java 3D 1.6.0 implementation with a special fix by Phil
enables MembraneEditor now on Linux, Windows, and !NEW! Mac OS X
Moreover, Java3D is now faster and more reliable than before!
(Java3D Version: 1.6.0-experimental pj1, based on 1.6.0-final)
(JOGL version: 2.3.2)
Thanks go to Julien, Harvey and Phil from JogAmp for developing their
- new OPM and PDBTM Update Description files included in cm2settings
(opm.mif and pdbtm.mif)
- PDBTM Update Functionality fixed - URL changed and XML files provided
by PDBTM are not XML conform, file is fixed now before parsing
- Stereoscopic 3D side-by-side or top/bottom functionality for consumer
3D TVs etc. added (disabled on Mac OS X, does currently not work)
- tools.jar from JDK8u25 added - Compilation of Java files should be only
possible with Java 8 now.
- Re-initiated Java Web Start with Linux, Windows and Mac OS X support
- Now added a version for Stereoscopic 3D support for professional graphics
for Java Web Start
Full update history here:
More information about the gromacs.org_gmx-users