[gmx-users] Error In Umbrella sampling.

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:21:15 CEST 2017

Hi,

It'd safe for general usage if your volume is already approximately
correct. But it has been a frequent occurrence here that people follow
tutorial methodology outside of that context, and use such coupling when
that condition is not true, leading to failed simulations. We aim grompp
warnings to cover cases of "this may be a bad idea" but let the user assert
that they know what they are doing. We hope that overall this improves the
impression of usability, but that is hard to judge!

Mark