[gmx-users] -1.8 Equilibration pressure during MD simulation

Dries Van Rompaey dries.vanrompaey at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:00:55 CEST 2017

Hi,

Pressure can often fluctuate wildly, especially in relatively small
systems. You probably won't be able to achieve a stable pressure of 1 atm,
and that's not a problem. As long as your pressure fluctuates around 1 atm
you should be fine (you can use running average in xmgrace to check for
this out). If it's not close enough yet, try extending your NPT
equilibration until you are satisfied. The density is often a more stable
indicator.

Kind regards

Dries