[gmx-users] NVML does not come separate starting from Cuda 8.0

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri May 12 17:21:01 CEST 2017

Hi,

There already is an applicable Redmine (
https://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/2061). Ake's observations agreed with
two CUDA 8.0 installs I checked, so it looks like CUDA 8.0 acquired the
header and stub library, but the driver package still has the real library.
We can't really / shouldn't try to check for the latter at cmake time, but
we should document something. We should also let the find module work with
cuda 8.

For now, I suggest hacking with

cmake -DNVML_FOUND=1
-DNVML_LIBRARY=/your/driver/path/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-ml.so
-DNVML_INCLUDE_DIR=/your/cuda/8/include

Mark