[gmx-users] genion command

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 16 16:08:26 CEST 2017

On 5/16/17 12:55 AM, Saumyak Mukherjee wrote:
> Hello Diana,
>
> You may try using the -conc flag in genion program to specify your salt
> concentration, along with -nname and -pname flags.

The -nname and -pname options are irrelevant here.

If there are fewer than 1000 waters in the system, I doubt the number of ions
has been calculated correctly, though.  Compare with -conc 0.6 to see if the
math is right, and make sure that the solvent is actually being replaced, not
anything else.

-Justin

> Best wishes,
> Saumyak
>
> On 16 May 2017 at 10:18, diana p <diana64mp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear gmx users,
>> I want to simulate 0.6M CaCL2 aqueous solution. To add the ions I use
>> genion command and add 720 CL and 360 Ca ions respectively to the system of
>> pure 12568 water molecules.But on running the command genion I get error
>> message:
>>
>> Program genion, VERSION 4.6.5
>> Source code file: /build/buildd/gromacs-4.6.5/src/tools/gmx_genion.c,
>> line:
>> 89
>> Fatal error:
>> No more replaceable solvent!
>>
>> How should I add ions in the system.I would be more than pleased if someone
>> could guid me.
>> Thank You in advance
>> --
>>
>> * Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/
>> Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!

>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629