[gmx-users] Protein-Ligand

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 16 19:36:21 CEST 2017

On 5/16/17 1:31 PM, RAHUL SURESH wrote:
> Dear Justin
> Thank you much.
>
> About the term "curved", even am not exactly clear about it. Book by prof
> Pamela states that sentence. As I feel she must be explaining about much
> deformed protein.

Well, that's too many unknowns.  If you're worried about a problem that you
don't understand, there's little I can suggest as a solution.  There are
proteins that bend, e.g. to remodel membranes or form higher-order structures
but that seems to be entirely irrelevant to a case of protein-ligand
dissociation.  Be very sure that it's not a simple PBC issue, and as I suggested
before, watch the trajectory to see the details of what's happening.

-Justin

> On Tue, 16 May 2017 at 7:41 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

>> On 5/15/17 9:12 AM, RAHUL SURESH wrote:
>>> Dear Users
>>>
>>> I am tryjng to simulate protein ligand complex using charmm36ff for
>> 100ns.
>>> I found the ligand moving away from the protein around 55ns. I don't
>> think
>>> it s a pbc effect. Is there anything I have done wrong or Should I add
>> any
>>> additional commands.?
>>> Await your valuable advice.
>>>

>> Watch the trajectory and see which interactions break first.  Then
>> consider if
>> your ligand topology needs refinement to deal with such interactions or if
>> it's
>> trying to sample some strained conformation that is incompatible with
>> binding
>> (suggesting an internal/dihedral problem).  Compare with available
>> experimental
>> data; some things just have weak affinity.
>>
>>> PS: Will the ligand move out of protein if the protein is over curved
>> after
>>> interaction?
>>>

>> What does "over curved" mean?
>>
>> -Justin