[gmx-users] Making a move using command gromacs/vmd

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 29 21:14:34 CEST 2017

On 5/29/17 3:00 PM, Poncho Arvayo Zatarain wrote:

> Hello gromacs user: i want to make a movie using a gromacs command. I use this: gmx trjconv -s file.gro -f file.trr -pbc -o no jump -ndec 7 -o movie.gro. But it mrks me the following error: command line -o does not exist. So, i erase -o on "-o no jump" and marks me the error: invalid command: no jump. What is the command to obtain movie.gro? Thank you.

You're just scrambling syntax.  Anything separated by whitespace will be
interpreted as a new argument.  So "-pbc nojump" is valid, but "-pbc -o no jump"
is incorrect on two levels (sequential options with no arguments, invalid use of
a command-line argument).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629