[gmx-users] Lost particles while sorting

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 02:18:30 CET 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 2:11 AM Alex <nedomacho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> It may be a good idea for you guys to document walls a bit better than
> what we have right now. What was happening became clear to me pretty
> quickly, but the error text is kinda obscure and the documentation on
> walls is brief. :)

Granted. There's a bajillion ways for a newcomer to any simulation type to
shoot themselves in the foot. Where would be a good place for "with walls,
set up your simulation cell so the initial positions of all the particles
are on the correct side of the wall?"

I am encountering more unexpected things with walls, e.g. rather strong
> E-z not having any effect on ions -- still preliminary though. I suppose
> this will probably need another thread if I confirm it, but do you have
> any recollection of anything specific to walls + external fields? Yes, I
> am indeed trying to separate the ionic population. ;)

That combination is one of the very large number of things in GROMACS that
I know very little about. But a new topic might get the interest of any who
do know!

Mark

Thanks,