[gmx-users] dipole on an atom

Faezeh Pousaneh fpoosaneh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 16:07:53 CET 2017

Yes, exactly. But my atom is uncharged sphere, I'll bring two similar size
and similar mass (+ -) ions inside the sphere. So rotation will not  happen
then for atom.

On Nov 5, 2017 16:00, "David van der Spoel" <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se> wrote:

On 05/11/17 15:54, Faezeh Pousaneh wrote:

> So I guess the only solution can be:
>
> I take two small ions bring them inside original atom, parametrize their
> interactions with each other and the initial atom such that they stick
> inside the atom.
> What do you think?

In fact you are then creating a small molecule, like C=O. Nothing wrong
with that, but you are also creating particles with a mass, which means the
"atom" get rotational properties.