[gmx-users] non-neutral system

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Mon Nov 6 11:58:39 CET 2017

A requirement of PME is that the net charge is zero. Adding counter-ions would be considered standard-fare. Check out the paper:  https://www.unc.edu/~perera/PAPERS/JChemPhys_1995_103_8577.pdf for details (A smooth particle mesh Ewald method).

Best of luck

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics