[gmx-users] Writing pdb snapshot with charge from gro trajectory

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:04:12 CET 2017

Hi,

The PDB format is strict by definition (
http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/file-format-content/format33/sect9.html).
Every single character (and column) within a line has a specific purpose
and charges are not included there. I doubt trjconv or other gromacs tools
will allow you to tamper with it in such way. You can however make a simple
script to (i) parse the topology, (ii) match it with the PDB file, and
(iii) add an extra column at the end of the PDB with the respective
charges. This should be relatively simple to do with your favorite
scripting language.

Cheers,