[gmx-users] Problem using gmx wham

Jefferies D.F. dfj1g14 at soton.ac.uk
Tue Nov 14 15:38:36 CET 2017

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your response. I've attempted to run gmx wham using GROMACS 5.1.4 and I seem to get the same problem, even if I attempt to use dos2unix before I issue a command i.e.
Program gmx wham, VERSION 5.1.4
Source code file: /local/software/gromacs/5.1.4/source/gromacs-5.1.4/src/gromacs/gmxana/gmx_wham.cpp, line: 1800

Fatal error:
Unknown file type of umbrella52.tpr . Should be tpr, xvg, or pdo.

I've taken a look at older posts relating to this problem, and I saw that a similar complaint was resolved after the poster used dos2unix (following your recommendation). But that hasn't seemed to work for me.

Regards,