[gmx-users] Turning off electrostatics between protein and water, then protein and protein

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Nov 19 22:26:51 CET 2017

On 11/19/17 3:42 PM, Mark Abraham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Oh, I see. Yes that feature turns off both kinds of non-bonded
> interactions. Then there is nothing useful for what you want.

Couldn't this be done with the free energy code?

Turn off protein-water electrostatics by running in the lambda=1 state with:

couple-lambda0 = vdw-q
couple-lambda1 = vdw
couple-intramol = no

Then switch to couple-intramol = yes to turn off protein-protein
interactions.

I imagine it would be a huge memory hog and would run really slowly, but
it's a possible solution.

-Justin

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall