[gmx-users] Energy analysis

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 20 17:10:56 CET 2017

On 11/20/17 1:09 AM, Amir Zeb wrote:
> Yes Dr. Dallas,
>
> I have gone through free energy analysis tutorial, But I'm wondering that
> whether this tutorial is working for large molecule like protein or not?
> Because the tutorial has explained methane only.

No, that tutorial is not relevant nor should anyone try to decouple an
entire protein like that. It's an exercise in futility.

You want to determine the change in folding free energy of an entire
protein based on only the presence of a single ion? I doubt that's even
possible by MD simulations, at least not with any degree of reliability.

-Justin

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall
340 West Campus Dr.