[gmx-users] Applying an electric field on lipids

Sithara Perera sithara.perera1993 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 20:16:22 CET 2017

Dear gmx-users,

I'm doing molecular dynamic simulations of protein interaction with lipid
bi layers using CGmartini force fields under an electric field.

But when I apply the electric field and simulated for 50 ns under
-0.7mV/nm, the bi layer moves in the electric field and then eventually
reaches the bottom of simulation box. So it is not possible to see the
protein interaction with the bi layer. I tried applying position restrains
on z axis, but then the box dimensions started to change

The bi layer a 512DPPC bi layer.
What can I do to fix this??

---------
Sithara Perera