[gmx-users] Umbrella sampling

rose rahmani rose.rhmn93 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 21:32:35 CET 2017

I attached md_pull.mdp file

i put " cutoff-scheme = group" beecause of some errors (about energy groups)

This is what i try to do(part of some literatures);
1-pulling the CM of the object along the z-axis—perpendicular to the
surface of ZnO

2-Pulling is implemented through a “dummy particle” which moves towards
the surface with a constant speed of 1 nm/ns from z = 2 nm to z = 0
and drags the CM by the harmonic force corresponding to the spring
constant of 5000 kJ/(mol nm2).The lateral motion is not constrained so
the PMF is averaged laterally

3-The conformations are scanned every 0.1 ps in order to save them
with the CM within each of the interval of width 0.05 nm. ( most of
all i'm not sure about this part of my mdp file and i don't know how
should i implement them).

4-between 36-38 conformations should be collected and i dont know how
should i choose them between 710 conf.gro files( i got 710
conformations after using trajconv)

this is first part of my job.

protein is between ZnO and wall and 1.5 nm far from ZnO at first moment.

what do you think about mdp file? where did i make a mistake?

Thank you for your attentions (like always ;) )

Best Regards

Sent from my iPhone