[gmx-users] Simulation on multi nodes performance

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 10:57:15 CET 2017

Hi,

There's some useful background at
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2016.4/user-guide/mdrun-performance.html

Whether you want mpirun -np X mdrun_mpi or mpirun -np X gmx_mpi mdrun
depends whether GROMACS was configured to build only mdrun.

Otherwise, the logfile is indeed your friend - so that you can see whether
mdrun agreed with what you thought the hardware was, and in the performance
report at the end to see what took lots of time.

Mark