[gmx-users] peptide ligand

farial tavakoli farial.tavakoli at ymail.com
Tue Oct 3 19:18:44 CEST 2017

 blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }  So how should I split protein and ligand from each other to create  .mdp files?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 7:59 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

On 10/3/17 11:13 AM, farial tavakoli wrote:
>  blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }  Thanks alot for your advxe
> I would really appreciate if you advice me more to split protein and ligand in index file, I saw the index help , but couldnt find out how should I use “ ‘splitch’ nr “ script to split them.
> With best regardsFarial

Index files aren't used with pdb2gmx. The splitting functions of make_ndx break
a chain down into its component residues. That's not at all what you want to do.

-Justin

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
>

> On Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 4:51 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

> On 10/3/17 9:17 AM, ‪farial tavakoli‬ ‪ wrote:
>> Dear Justin
>>
>> Thank you so much for your reply.
>> You mean , I should generate a topology file for my complex instead of
>> creating topology for each of them separately ?
>>

> As long as the protein and peptide ligand are denoted as being in
> separate chains (different chain ID or use of TER in the PDB file), then
> pdb2gmx will do everything for you.
>
> -Justin

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall