[gmx-users] Constant Pressure just in z axis

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 5 07:43:33 CEST 2017

Use semi-isotropic pressure coupling and use a water-type compressibility in the z dimension by a compressibility of 0 in the x/y dimension. That will give you precisely what you are looking for. We've used it before to simulate octane slabs as lipid bilayer mimetics and it work just fine.

Gromacs help pages list:

"compressibility (NOTE: this is now really in bar-1) For water at 1 atm and 300 K the compressibility is 4.5e-5 [bar-1]"

so that is what I would use for the z dimension.