[gmx-users] Regarding Residue in chain has different type (Other) from starting residue

Dilip H N cy16f01.dilip at nitk.edu.in
Mon Oct 16 05:27:49 CEST 2017

Thank you Justin Sir,

1] But how do i solve this issue..?? and make sure that pdb2gmx is not
interpreting my input as being a single chain and it's finding dissimilar
residue types..?? even i tried with gmx pdb2gmx with -ter command, but
still, i am getting the same results....

2] If i view the structure in VMD and type protein in Graphical
representations->selected atoms, I am viewing only Glycine, and if i type
resname TMAO then i am viewing the tmao molecules ..., any inference here
can i have here..??

Thank you...

<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality>
<#>

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 1:30 AM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 10/15/17 2:42 AM, Dilip H N wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have a simulations system and by gmx pdb2gmx i am generating the
>> topology, but i am getting the warnings as:-
>> Identified residue GLY1 as a starting terminus.
>> Warning: Residue TMAO12 in chain has different type (Other) from starting
>> residue GLY1 (Protein).
>> Warning: Residue TMAO13 in chain has different type (Other) from starting
>> residue GLY1 (Protein).
>> Warning: Residue TMAO14 in chain has different type (Other) from starting
>> residue GLY1 (Protein).
>> Warning: Residue TMAO15 in chain has different type (Other) from starting
>> residue GLY1 (Protein).
>> Warning: Residue TMAO16 in chain has different type (Other) from starting
>> residue GLY1 (Protein).
>> More than 5 unidentified residues at end of chain - disabling further
>> warnings.
>> Identified residue GLY1 as a ending terminus....
>>
>> Topology is generated, but why am i getting this..?? all the parameters
>> for
>> tmao, glycine molecules are already prescribed in the .rtp, .atp
>> files etc., in forcefield...
>>
>> Any suggestions are appreciated...
>>

> It means pdb2gmx is interpreting your input as being a single chain and
> it's finding dissimilar residue types (something that's protein and other
> things that are not). There probably isn't any functional consequence to
> this, but pdb2gmx warns users about such cases because there are times when
> this can cause problems or unintended outcomes.
>
> -Justin

> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor
>
> 303 Engel Hall