[gmx-users] Regarding ATB/PRODRG server for charmm 36 FF

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Oct 17 20:24:38 CEST 2017

On 10/17/17 2:03 PM, Dilip H N wrote:
> Hello,
> 1] I want to run simulations using charmm 36 FF in gromacs, will it be
> compatible with charmm 36 FF ..??
>
> 2] How does it asses the molecule naming since in each force field the
> atoms of the molecules may be named differently...
>
> Any suggestions...

ATB and PRODRG produce topologies for the GROMOS family of force fields.
They are therefore incompatible with CHARMM36. Do not mix and match
force fields. If you want a CHARMM-compatible topology for some
arbitrary molecule, use the CGenFF server.

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall
340 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061