[gmx-users] Conversion Amber to Gromacs

Elisa Pieri elisa.pieri at univ-amu.fr
Mon Oct 23 11:10:38 CEST 2017

Hello again,

sorry I wasn't very clear perhaps..we are trying to modify directly the
ffbonded.itp file (together with all the other interested ones) in the
Amber94 force field in order to include the Amber Lipids17 force field. We
added most of the parameters with no problems (bond equilibrium lengths,
constants, bending and so on), but we were not able to understand what is
the conversion factor for torsion parameters between the Amber software
Suite and Gromacs. I know that in the Amber package, the dihedral force
constant is expressed in Kcal/mol, but I couldn't understand what are the
units (and therefore how to convert the parameters) in Gromacs.

Any idea?
Elisa