[gmx-users] force field / parameters for NADH, FMN

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 30 16:14:43 CET 2017

On 10/30/17 10:58 AM, Hermann, Johannes wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to simulate a complex consisting of a protein, FMN, and NADH. I
> have two problems/questions:
>
> 1) In the "CHARMM36 all-atom force field (March 2017)" parameters for
> NADH are present. But apparently I am using a wrong atom naming
> convention (I copied / pasted NADH from a pdb entry):
>
> Fatal error:
> Atom PN in residue NADH 0 was not found in rtp entry NADH with 71 atoms
> while sorting atoms.
>
> How can I generate a appropriate input file for gromacs gmx2pdb?

Make the PDB file atom names match those of the .rtp entry. It's a bit
awkward but everyone seems to have a different convention for naming
cofactor atoms.

> 2) I did not find FMN in the charmm36 force field. Can some recommend
> me a program to generate a parameter file? And how to proceed with it?

If it's not in CHARMM, use CGenFF. There's a web server that will
parametrize it (cgenff.paramchem.org) and tell you how good the topology
is so you can decide if you need to do any manual parametrization.
Download the .str -> .itp conversion script from the MacKerell lab
webpage and you're ready for GROMACS.

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall
340 West Campus Dr.