[gmx-users] Energy drift combining tabulated potentials and group cut-off.

serpercon at alum.us.es serpercon at alum.us.es
Fri Sep 1 12:11:49 CEST 2017

Dear GROMACS Community,

I am trying to do a simulation using a tabulated potential which forces
me to use the group cut-off. I get a drift in the conserved quantity of
-600KJ/mol/ns. My system consists of 1000 rigid TIP4P water molecules
and a Na+ ion. I imagine that eventhough it will soon be deprecated the
group cutoff scheme still works correctly. I have tryed to change the
parameters without success and in any case the ones I use seem
reasonable (in my experience using other programs). The rdfs of the
system look normal so I ruled out topology problems.

It seems that the problem is in the group cut-off since
when I change the tabulated potential for a regular vdw the problem
persists. I have followed the instructions of:

http://www.gromacs.org/@api/deki/files/94/=gromacs_nb.pdf

to implement the tabulated potentials.

Is this the kind of energy drift acceptable? I have pasted a copy .mdp

Thanks for your help,

Sergio Perez-Conesa

integrator = md
dt = 0.001