[gmx-users] selecting atoms in index file

Hermann, Johannes J.Hermann at lrz.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Sep 7 11:16:15 CEST 2017

Dear Golnaz,

do you know the number (index) of the respective atoms? E.g. open the
.gro file in vmd and look for the atoms?

If there are not too many atoms, you can manually edit your index file.
E.g. create a default index file (gmx make_ndx) and add the subset of
indexes with a new selection definition:

---

[ MySelection]

23 57 75

---