[gmx-users] Result analysis of protein water

Deep kumar deepak.choubey86 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 19:31:43 CEST 2017

Thanks Smith,

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 7:38 PM, Smith, Micholas D. <smithmd at ornl.gov> wrote:

> First: Welcome to the wonderful world of MD.
>
> Second, 10ns for a 164 residue protein is nowhere near enough simulation
> time. If you are looking for just small modifications, you could do an
> alignment of the backbones of the proteins in each trajectory and compare
> all frames to all-frames using the rmsd (you'd end up with a matrix of rmsd
> values comparing trajectory 1 to trajectory 2).

I am looking to perform conformational (such as if due to mutation protein
unfolds) and free energy change after the mutation. Please let me know what
kind of analysis should be done for such an aim. And, please share how many
ns MD is apt for 164 residues or more.

> Other things to consider are: salt-bridges, hydrogen-bond networks, and
> secondary-structure measurements (STRIDE or DSSP).

Could you please share more details on how these analysis can be performed?

Thanks much!