[gmx-users] Secondary structure content

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Sat Sep 9 15:31:04 CEST 2017

If i remember correctly the DSSP plot should be something like residue # on y-axis, and time on the x-axis, then it is normally a color plot of what secondary structure each residue is in at that time point. Secondary structure content (%) vs time sounds more like a single plot of the fraction of residues (%) of residues at each time point that are not in a 'coil' state.

Hope that makes sense.
Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics