[gmx-users] Fwd: Can a mutation make a protein stable - result analysis from GROMACs run

Deep kumar deepak.choubey86 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 23:33:52 CEST 2017

Hello All,

I ran a 10ns simulation on a wild and mutant type of a protein complex.
Attached is the rmsf graph. "Green" is the mutant protein with mutation at
 residue 71 (marked) and "purple" is the wild protein. After looking at the
graph can it be said that the mutant has made the complex more stable? How
possible is this scenario? I am yet  to do dssp analysis and h-bond
analysis. Can someone tell me what other analysis can be useful for this
case?

Thanks