[gmx-users] performance

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 21:25:41 CEST 2017

Hi Szilárd,

{I had to trim the message as my message is put on hold because only 50kb
allowed and this message has reached 58 KB! Not due to files attached as
they are shared via dropbox}; Sorry seamless reading might be compromised
for future readers.

Thanks for your replies. I have shared log files here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9mqqans0jci873/test_logs.zip?dl=0

Two self-describing name folders have all the test logs. The test_*.log
file serial numbers correspond to my simulations briefly described here
[with folder names].

For quick look one can: grep Performance *.log

Folder 2gpu_4np:
Sr. no.  Remarks  performance (ns/day)
1.  only one job  345 ns/day
2a,b.  two same jobs together (without pin on)  16.1 and 15.9
3a,b.  two same jobs together (without pin on, with -multidir)  270 and 276
4a,b.  two same jobs together (pin on, pinoffset at 0 and 5)  160 and 301

Folder:4gpu_16np

Remarks  performance (ns/day)
5.  only one job  694 ns/day
6a,b.  two same jobs together (without pin on)  340 and 350
7a,b.  two same jobs together (without pin on, with -multidir)  302 and 304
8a,b.  two same jobs together (pin on, pinoffset at 0 and 17)  204 and 546