[gmx-users] GPU-Note

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 01:52:09 CEST 2017

First off, don't change the cutoff without being sure of what you're doing!

There is one thing you can try: lowering nstlist, the neighbor search
frequency; this is a free parameter and it is picked heuristically. A
larger value will reduce the cost of search but as it will increase
the Verlet buffer and with it increase the non-bonded force compute
cost. Therefore, a smaller nstlist value (e.g. 20 instead of 40) will
about double the search cost, but you should see a reduction in force
compute time. However, expect modest performance benefits.

--
Szilárd