[gmx-users] autocorrelation function and residence time

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at kemi.uu.se
Thu Sep 21 11:24:08 CEST 2017

Dear Tasneem,

Quite often ACF calculations involve subtraction of the average signal, and this normally renders some negative values in the ACF. It’s been a bit too long since I dealt with the gmx hbond code, but I suspect that is what is going on here. I suggest reading the references that gmx hbond mentions, where the four quantities in the output are defined.

Kind regards,
Erik
Erik Marklund, PhD, Marie Skłodowska Curie INCA Fellow
Department of Chemistry – BMC, Uppsala University
+46 (0)18 471 4539
erik.marklund at kemi.uu.se<mailto:erik.marklund at kemi.uu.se>