[gmx-users] Can I put b-factor into xtc file?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 22:14:34 CET 2018

Hi,

No, the format is not extensible.

The TNG format offers better compression than XTC, and in principle can be
extended for this kind of purpose, but you'd have to write some C/C++ to
get that organized. An easier approach is to keep your B factors in some
file that you keep in sync with the XTC yourself, somehow. Then build a pdb
frame when you need it.

Mark