[gmx-users] Running long MD simulation

Ahmed Mashaly mashaly_1988 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 15:16:35 CET 2018

Thanks Justin.

I found this one:
https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.org_gmx-users/2018-January/118282.html

Another question I have about using cpt

I know checkpoint is important for continuing simulation, but I didn't know that we have to use it also from nvt output to npt input and from npt output to md input ... I was just using the output .gro as input for the next step ... Is this a fatal mistake?

If I have to use it then I can use it with grompp -t prev_checkpoint.cpt or with mdrun -cpi prev_checkpoint.cpt ... Would it be the same result?

Kind Regards,
Ahmed