[gmx-users] Using xy periodic boundary and 3dc Ewald summation

Dan Gil dan.gil9973 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 04:49:06 CET 2018

I believe that the 3DC method still applies summations over Z. From the
abstract of the paper: "The proposed method adds a correction term to the
standard Ewald summation formula."

What the 3DC method does is add a correction term so that unrealistic
electrostatic interactions between periodic images in the Z direction is
cancelled.

>From what I understand, Gromacs' pbc=xy is still periodic in the
z-direction, hence the zfac option.

Please use Gromacs 2016.4 version and newer, since the devs fixed a bug
associated with the 3DC method and PME.

Dan

Virus-free.
www.avg.com